Weekly round-up: New JAX Mag, GitLab 11.6, tech predictions for 2019 & more
Every Monday, we take a step back and look at all the cool stuff that went down during the previous week. Last week, most of the tech world was still on vacation so we had some time to catch up on some new releases that became available during the holidays.
Newly-released GitLab 11.6 brings Serverless as alpha offering
If you were too busy enjoying your vacation and missed the latest GitLab release, fear not – we got you covered!
Gitlab 11.6 is here and it is stuffed with tons of new features and improvements, not to mention that GitLab Serverless becomes available in alpha version with this release. Check out the details here.
New JAX Mag issue: Technology nightmares – Horror stories for the brave
New year, new JAX Magazine issue. If you’re looking for something light after overindulging on Christmas goodies, this is not it. The new issue is not for the faint-hearted as it presents a list of technology nightmares that you should avoid and learn from.
Download it for free here.
Gradle 5.1 is here
The Gradle team welcomes 2019 with a new release stuffed with major updates and improvements, as well as a huge list of fixes.
Have a quick look at the highlights of the features in this release, plus a couple of deprecations, here.
Apache NetBeans 10.0 has landed
Only a few days before we welcomed 2019, the Apache Netbeans team said goodbye to 2018 with a new release.
Tech predictions for 2019
2019 has only just begun – what will the year hold? Ring in the new year with tech predictions from the experts.
We have 10 articles so far and two more in the pipeline so stay tuned!
Check out experts’ predictions so far:
- What’s coming in 2019: Data growth and future-proof delivery solutions
- How IT departments will better prevent security woes in 2019
- 7 things to look out for in 2019: Changes for open source, data privacy, and the cloud
- Engineering resolutions for 2019: Speed it up
- 8 Atlassian experts share their predictions for 2019
- 5 predictions on where testing will go in 2019
- 3 experts predict what’s coming in 2019: Microservices, serverless, and more
- Where will automation and AI go in 2019?
- 8 ways the tech world will change in 2019: DevOps, Kubernetes, open source fragmentation, and more
- Top 5 blockchain predictions for 2019