days
1
3
hours
2
0
minutes
3
2
seconds
4
5
search
A taste of what's to come

Sneak peek at survey results: These web frameworks are on fire

Gabriela Motroc

The JAXenter survey will come to an end soon. What programming languages and web technologies would you like to try out this year? How do you feel about cloud platforms? What Continuous Delivery tools do you plan to use in 2017? You are invited to answer these questions and more in JAXenter’s annual survey.

The JAXenter survey regarding your personal choices for the best technology trends of 2017 debuted on January 10, but there’s still time to influence this year’s trends! Let us know which topics you would like to delve into this year!

Preliminary results: Most popular web frameworks

Almost every developer interested in the programming of web applications will need a web framework. Our interim results show that many developers prefer a ‘classic’: 11.9 percent of our respondents find Java EE —JSF very interesting’and 16.7 percent believe it is interesting. In total, almost 30 percent of the respondents have an interest in Java EE —JSF. More than 33 percent of the respondents are interested in Java EE — MVC.

JAXenter survey 2017

Spring MVC is on fire: 17.6 percent of the respondents find it very interesting and 31.1 percent think it is interesting enough to give it a try. In total, almost 50 percent of the respondents wish to give it a try.

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 10.58.57 AM

JAXenter survey 2017

Play Framework gathered a decent score of 25 percent while Vaadin was right behind with 23 percent. Last year, the two scored 28.7 and 27.2 percent respectively. As far as Grails is concerned, there’s quite a difference between this year’s numbers and last year: 11.7 percent of the respondents this year consider it very interesting and interesting; last year, 18.4 percent of respondents wanted to give it a try.

Meteor received low scores this year: 2 percent of the respondents think it is very interesting and 11.7 percent consider it interesting. Last year, the total number was almost twice as high.

2017

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 11.14.31 AM

JAXenter survey 2017

2016

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 11.16.08 AM

nodejs

JAXenter survey 2016

36.9 percent of the respondents are very interested in Spring Boot and 27.6 percent find it interesting — that leads to a total of 64.5 percent. Spring Boot seems to be the winner so far.

Akka, Vert.x, Lagom and MicroProfile.io are also on the list:

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 11.22.06 AM

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 11.22.19 AM

JAXenter survey 2017

Last chance to participate!

You still have a chance to influence the outcome of the survey.

If you want to have a say in the final results of the JAXenter survey about this year’s technology trends, vote now. Your opinion matters!

 

aspc

Author
Gabriela Motroc
Gabriela Motroc is editor of JAXenter.com and JAX Magazine. Before working at Software & Support Media Group, she studied International Communication Management at the Hague University of Applied Sciences.

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

avatar
400
  Subscribe  
Notify of