How well do you know your Sauce Labs trivia?
Our regular programming pub quiz series continues this week with Sauce Labs. Do you know everything there is to know about this continuous testing cloud provider?
It’s time for another pub quiz. Today, we’re testing your knowledge of Sauce Labs trivia!
Sauce Labs ensures your favorite mobile apps and websites work flawlessly on every browser, operating system, and device. Its award-winning Continuous Testing Cloud provides development and quality teams with instant access to the test coverage, scalability, and analytics they need to deliver a flawless digital experience.
We got a little help from Sauce Labs on this week’s quiz!
1. The creator of Selenium, Jason Huggins, named the project Selenium because it was a remedy for what?
c) Mercury poisoning
2. What was the original high level language for cross-platform commands sent from Selenium to the browser called?
3. When writing an automated test, the best approach for waiting for elements to load on a page:
b) Implicit waits
c) Explicit waits
d) Both implicit and explicit waits
4. To ensure automated tests will effectively run in parallel, individual tests should be:
a) Atomic and autonomous
d) Highly structured
5. Which of these will improve your continuous testing outcomes?
a) Custom browser profiles
b) Random test ordering
c) Using self-signed certificates
d) Cyclomatic complexity analysis
6. As part of a continuous testing practice, tests that run quickly are a sign of:
a) Only running smoke tests
b) Having good parallelization
c) Having well structured, atomic tests
d) All of the above
7. Your entire test suite should run:
a) It depends
b) Only before large releases
c) When your CI system does a build
d) All of the time
8. Continuously testing while drunk is:
c) Inappropriate if you make self-driving cars
d) How Twitter does it
1. c) Mercury poisoning
2. b) Selenese
3. d) Both implicit and explicit waits
4. a) Atomic and autonomous
5. b) Random test ordering
6. d) All of the above
7. a) It depends
8. No right answer
How well did you do? Do you know your Sauce Labs trivia?
0-2 correct: You’re just a beginner.
3-4 correct: You’re pretty solid in your Sauce Labs trivia, but you still might need to pay a little more attention to the details.
5-6 correct: Nice! You really know your stuff!
7-8 correct: You are a Sauce Labs master.