You want to build systems that evolve fast and that your users can rely on? Then this 2 day Masterclass course by Russ Miles is right for you. It’s the course for the modern software owner that gives you the patterns, practices and tools to enable your own organisation’s Resilience Engineering capability, helping you build systems that are reliable and evolve at speed.
Users want reliability. Your business wants speed and agility. You need to invest in resilience, and this is the best course to get you rolling.
Teaching patterns, practices and hard-won lessons from the trenches, Russ Miles takes you through effective Site Reliability Engineering, Reliable Delivery Strategies, Designing for Failure, Observability, Engineering Resilience and Chaos Engineering.
This course is for you if you are:
- A software developer with a traditional background and you need to start taking responsibility for your code in production.
- A site reliability engineer (SRE) with little experience of managing production and you need to be proactive about finding system weaknesses before your customers do.
- A system administrator who is responsible for the availability of production and you need a proactive technique for surfacing system weaknesses before your customers experience them.
- A product owner who is responsible for delivering a business-critical product or service and you need to know how to gain trust and confidence in your system’s reliability.
- How to successfully apply the best parts of Site Reliability Engineering to your organisation
- How to build a reliable delivery pipeleline, without slowing down the pace of change.
- How to Design for Failure, and Incorporate Observability into your systems.
- How to Engineer for Resilience through enabling Learning Loops, Blameless Post-mortems and Chaos Engineering.
Day 1 – System reliability
- Defining reliability, resiliency, and chaos
- Capturing the mental models of your system
- The laws of requisite variety
- Applying observability to your system
- The dangers of complacency
Day 2 – Adapting and learning
- Poised to adapt
- Adaptive capacities
- Continuous adaptability and adaptation preparation (Building and sustaining the ability to adapt)
- Effective post-mortem learning: Blamelessness and embracing the human condition
- Effective pre-mortem learning: Chaos engineering
What you can expect:
- Intense two day experience with one of the most renowned trainers on resilience engineering.
- Open and friendly atmosphere to ask and discuss individual questions.
- balanced mix of theoretical instructions and engaging hands on experience.
- Convenient hotel atmosphere including excellent catering during coffee- and lunch breaks.
- Easily accessible venue in the heart of London, in the immediate vicinity of Victoria Station.
No prerequisites are required to get full value out of this course. The samples and practical examples explored use the Chaos Toolkit and work upon a system that comprises Kubernetes as the platform and Spring Boot/Cloud/Java as the sample implementation but no prior knowledge of these technologies is expected.
Please bring your own laptop to fully benefit from the Masterclass experience.
About the trainer
Russ’ experience covers almost every facet of software delivery having worked across many different domains including Financial Services, Publishing, Defence, Insurance and Search. Russ helps to change all facets of the software delivery process in order to remove unnecessary and costly complexity in everything from developer skills and practices, through applying the right processes for the job at hand, to ensuring that the right change is delivered, be it through software or otherwise.
Russ Miles is an international speaker on techniques for achieving the delivery of valuable software as well as a published author, most recently of “Head First Software Development” from O’Reilly Media. Also author of “Antifragile Software”, which is available on LeanPub.com.
JAXenter Masterclass 2019 Tickets
. Book before March 28th and save up to £315 per ticket
More by JAXenter Masterclass
with Richard Warburton and Raoul-Gabriel Urma
Park Plaza Victoria London
239 Vauxhall Bridge Road
London SW1V 1EQ United Kingdom
The four-star Park Plaza Victoria hotel in London, situated within walking distance of Victoria train, coach, bus and Underground stations, provides an excellent transportation link to London Heathrow and London Gatwick airports. Offering on-site meeting facilities, dining options, Amber Spa and an Executive Lounge, this Victoria Station hotel is thoughtfully designed to suit business, conference and leisure travelers alike.
Centrally located to some of the city’s main tourist and shopping attractions: Buckingham Palace, Harrods, the Houses of Parliament, Theatreland, Oxford Street