How well do you know your Jenkins trivia?
We’re back with a new programming pub quiz! This week, we’re testing your knowledge about Jenkins. Do you know everything there is to know about this provider for automated software solutions?
It’s time for another pub quiz. Today, we’re testing your knowledge of Jenkins trivia! This week, we got a little help from Cloudbees, a hub for enterprise Jenkins and DevOps solutions.
1. Why does Jenkins have blue balls instead of green balls to connote a successful build?
a) Because the contributor was color blind
b) Because someone was making an off-color joke
c) Because the contributor preferred blue
d) Because traffic lights have blue “Go” indicators in Japan, and the Jenkins founder, Kohsuke Kawaguchi is Japanese
2. Who invented the weather icons?
a) Stephen Connolly
b) Tyler Croy
c) Kohsuke Kawaguchi
d) Andrew Bayer
3. What company did Jenkins originally come out of?
d) Sun Microsystems
4. Which of the following URIs is not a valid REST command (GET or POST) in Jenkins?
5. What important event caused the Butler to dress up in his sparkly blue tux?
a) His senior prom
b) Jenkins 2
c) The wedding of his best friend
d) Halloween, this was his costume last year
6. How many active (reporting back to the Jenkins project) installations does Jenkins have (as of March 2018)?
7. How many plugins does Jenkins have?
8. What was the year and location of the first Jenkins User Conference?
a) 2010 New York
b) 2011 San Francisco
c) 2012 Paris
d) 2013 Boston
9. What is the Jenkins plugin that has been downloaded the greatest number of times?
a) Greenballs plugin
b) Git plugin
c) Mailer plugin
d) Chuck Norris plugin
10. What day/time is the Jenkins project meeting on IRC?
a) Every other Tuesday at noon PT
b) Wednesdays at 1pm PT
c) Every other Wednesday at 11am PT
d) Thursdays at 1pm PT
1. d) Because traffic lights have blue “Go” indicators in Japan, and the Jenkins founder, Kohsuke Kawaguchi is Japanese
2. a) Stephen Connolly
3. d) Sun Microsystems
4. b) /dumpThreads
5. b) Jenkins 2
6. c) ~164,000
7. b) 1,501-1,600
8. b) 2011 San Francisco
9. c) Mailer plugin
10. c) Every other Wednesday at 11am PT
How well did you do? Do you know your Jenkins trivia?
0-3 correct: You’re just a DevOps beginner.
4-5 correct: You’re pretty solid in your Jenkins trivia, but you still might need to pay a little more attention to the details.
6-8 correct: Nice! You really know your stuff!
9-10 correct: You are a Jenkins master.