Reactive programming with Scala, Lagom, Spark, Akka and Play
“We believe that a coherent approach to systems architecture is needed, and we believe that all necessary aspects are already recognized individually: we want systems that are Responsive, Resilient, Elastic and Message Driven. We call these Reactive Systems.” – The Reactive Manifesto
Reactive programming means different things to different people and we are not trying to reinvent the wheel or define this concept. Instead, we are allowing our authors to prove how Scala, Lagom, Spark, Akka and Play coexist and work together to create a reactive universe.
If the definition “stream of events” does not satisfy your thirst for knowledge, get ready to find out what reactive programming means to our experts in Scala, Lagom, Spark, Akka and Play. Plus, we talked to Scala creator Martin Odersky about the impending Scala 2.12, the current state of this programming language and the technical innovations that await us.
Thirsty for more? Open the magazine and see what we have prepared for you.
Read it in the app
Inside this issue
The current state of Scala
Interview with Martin Odersky
Reactive microservices with Scala and Akka
What’s new in Akka?
Dr. Roland Kuhn
Dedicated to doing the right thing
Compile-time dependency injection in the Play framework
The Lagom Framework
Big Data becomes Fast Data
Expert checklist — Why Scala and not Java?
Interview with Heiko Seeberger, Daniel Westheide, Daniela Sfregola, Julien Tournay, Markus Hauck and Ivan Kusalic
DevOpsCon 2016: Our mission statement. This is how we interpret modern DevOps
Checklist: Why are microservices important for you? — Part 3
Interview with Daniel Bryant
The JAX Magazine app
You can now read JAX Magazine and JAXenter.com on your tablet or mobile device, both on Apple and Android. Whether you’re offline or online, there’s nothing stopping your from reading the magazine at home, in the cafe or on the go.
Take your tech know-how to go
- Page-turning tech trends: Browse all JAX Magazine issues in a smooth epub reading experience
- Tech news: Read the latest tech news, tutorials and commentaries on JAXenter.com
- First issue free: Each digital issue costs as little as 0.99 cents and your first issue is free! A yearly subscription only costs 4.99
- Bookmark your favourite posts and tutorials from the magazine or the newsfeed
- Search across all content downloaded onto your device, including articles and whole editions of the magazine
- Offline reading: Downloaded content is fully available offline, meaning you can read up on the latest IT tips, trends and news anywhere, anytime
Tutorials, trends and tech know-how
Packed full of know-how from international IT professionals, this bi-monthly magazine is designed for developers that want to expand their knowledge base and perform better in their projects. The JAX Magazine mission is to provide the best content in IT for a plethora of programming interests – written for and by developers.
JAX Magazine is always looking for contributing authors and developers to write about what they know and love to work on – we invite you to contact our editorial staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.