One of the greatest pleasures of writing for a community- centric publication like JAX is watching young projects take off, driven by the enthusiasm of the devs who want to see it come into being. Innovation is the lifeblood of the tech industry – and that’s why the JAX Innovation Awards continue to generate such a buzz. These awards are designed to highlight and celebrate the most exciting movers and shakers in both Java and open technology. With this in mind, for 2014, the categories are as follows: Most innovative Java Technology, Most innovative Open Technology, and Most innovative Open Tech Business.
Once again we’ve had a fantastic response to our call for nominees, and after much deliberation, our elite jury panel arrived on fifteen finalists. The community then had the job of voting for the winner. In this issue, we talk to the ultimate champions for 2014, as well as the other admirable nominees. We want to know where these guys get their inspiration, how they came to be leading the pack, and what we can expect from them in the near future. Read on for the inside story from pioneers involved in projects such as Docker, Frege, and more.
Along with that, we’re getting the lowdown on RoboVM, a tech that promises to change the way Java devs approach the iPhone, and having a bit of a Cassandra birthday celebration. All that leaves me to say is a hearty congratulations to all our nominees, and a big thank you to everyone from the community who took the time to cast a vote.
You can read this magazine in the JAX Magazine app
The JAX Magazine app
You can now read JAX Magazine and JAXenter.com on your tablet or mobile device, both on Apple and Android. Whether you’re offline or online, there’s nothing stopping your from reading the magazine at home, in the cafe or on the go.
Take your tech know-how to go
- Page-turning tech trends: Browse all JAX Magazine issues in a smooth epub reading experience
- Tech news: Read the latest tech news, tutorials and commentaries on JAXenter.com
- First issue free: Each digital issue costs as little as 0.99 cents and your first issue is free! A yearly subscription only costs 4.99
- Bookmark your favourite posts and tutorials from the magazine or the newsfeed
- Search across all content downloaded onto your device, including articles and whole editions of the magazine
- Offline reading: Downloaded content is fully available offline, meaning you can read up on the latest IT tips, trends and news anywhere, anytime
Tutorials, trends and tech know-how
Packed full of know-how from international IT professionals, this bi-monthly magazine is designed for developers that want to expand their knowledge base and perform better in their projects. The JAX Magazine mission is to provide the best content in IT for a plethora of programming interests – written for and by developers.
JAX Magazine is always looking for contributing authors and developers to write about what they know and love to work on – we invite you to contact our editorial staff at email@example.com.