Try new things
Given the immense choice of new technologies available, the key question for today’s developer is “do I really need this technology?”
Cassandra 3.0, Apache Apex and the Varnish API 2.0 have all brought useful new improvements – but do you need them? Do you need to think more about the problems of cultural change that arrive with the Cloud? What new trends do you need to be aware of in the DevOps scene? And should you be worried if automated testing is better than manual testing? Take a look inside to find the answers.
Read it in the app
Inside this issue
DATA: Turn your search engine into your best salesperson
DATA: Smart thinking for next-gen datacentre resiliency
DATA: Big data with Apacha Apex – Open-source streaming analytics
DATA: What’s new in Cassandra 3.0?
DATA: Getting started with PostGIS
DEVOPS: DevOps trends for 2016
DEVOPS: Microservices – agreements must be kept
Tobias Bayer & Hendrik Still
CLOUD: Want better control over Cloud changes?
MOBILE: Cross-platform app development – the costs and benefits
TESTING: Manual vs. automated testing
WEB: Overcoming web re-design challenges
WEB: Taking the Varnish API Engine 2.0 for a test drive
The JAX Magazine app
You can now read JAX Magazine and JAXenter.com on your tablet or mobile device, both on Apple and Android. Whether you’re offline or online, there’s nothing stopping your from reading the magazine at home, in the cafe or on the go.
Take your tech know-how to go
- Page-turning tech trends: Browse all JAX Magazine issues in a smooth epub reading experience
- Tech news: Read the latest tech news, tutorials and commentaries on JAXenter.com
- First issue free: Each digital issue costs as little as 0.99 cents and your first issue is free! A yearly subscription only costs 4.99
- Bookmark your favourite posts and tutorials from the magazine or the newsfeed
- Search across all content downloaded onto your device, including articles and whole editions of the magazine
- Offline reading: Downloaded content is fully available offline, meaning you can read up on the latest IT tips, trends and news anywhere, anytime
Tutorials, trends and tech know-how
Packed full of know-how from international IT professionals, this bi-monthly magazine is designed for developers that want to expand their knowledge base and perform better in their projects. The JAX Magazine mission is to provide the best content in IT for a plethora of programming interests – written for and by developers.
JAX Magazine is always looking for contributing authors and developers to write about what they know and love to work on – we invite you to contact our editorial staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.