How well do you know your JavaFX trivia?
We’re continuing our weekly programming pub quiz with JavaFX! How well do you know this popular platform for creating and deploying Java apps?
It’s time for another pub quiz. Today, we’re testing your knowledge of JavaFX trivia!
JavaFX allows developers to design, create, test, debug, and deploy rich client applications that operate consistently across diverse platforms.
We got a little help from Johan Vos on this week’s quiz!
1. What was the original name for JavaFX?
b) JavaFX Script
2. Is JavaFX based on Swing
a) Yes, it is a continuation of Swing
b) No, it was created from scratch
3. The idea of JavaFX was coined by Chris Oliver. What company did he work for at that moment?
b) Sun Microsystems
4. Has JavaFX always been Java?
a) Yes, 100% pure Java
b) No, it started off as JavaFX Script language
SEE ALSO: Taking a closer look at JavaFX
5. What does FXML stand for?
a) Machine learning with JavaFX
b) XML-based Markup Language for JavaFX
6. In JavaFX, what is a stage?
a) The platform where it runs
b) The top level JavaFX container
c) Each of the steps on a JavaFX animation
7. Are prism, quantum, and glass terms used in JavaFX?
a) No, those are terms used in quantum computing
b) No, those are more likely physics terms
c) Yes, they are related to the JavaFX architecture
8. What is a pulse in JavaFX?
a) The emission of particles on a JavaFX Canvas
b) An event used to update the UI
c) A type of animation
9. Does JavaFX use CSS?
a) Yes, the full CSS3 standard
b) Yes, a subset of CSS3
c) No, it relies on look and feel themes
SEE ALSO: 20 JavaFX real-world applications
1. c) F3
2. b) No, it was created from scratch
3. c) SeeBeyond
4. b) No, it started as JavaFX Script language
5. b) XML-based Markup Language for JavaFX
6. b) The top level JavaFX container
7. c) Yes, related to the JavaFX architecture
8. b) An event used to update the UI.
9. b) Yes, a subset of CSS3
How well did you do? Do you know your JavaFX trivia?
0-2 correct: You’re just a beginner.
3-5 correct: You’re pretty solid in your JavaFX trivia, but you still might need to pay a little more attention to the details.
6-7 correct: Nice! You really know your stuff!
8-9 correct: You are a JavaFX master.