How well do you know your GitLab trivia?
Our regular programming pub quiz series continues this week with GitLab. Do you know everything there is to know about this open source Git-repo manager for the entire DevOps lifecycle?
It’s time for another pub quiz. Today, we’re testing your knowledge of GitLab trivia!
GitLab is a popular, open source Git-repo manager. This hosting service allows for collaborative revision control for every stage of the DevOps lifecycle. GitLab has seen a remarkable increase in project imports this past week with the news from the GitHub – Microsoft merger.
We got a little help from GitLab on this week’s quiz!
1. What is GitLab?
a) SCM, CI/CD, single application for DevOps
b) Closed source development platform
c) Enterprise only version control platform
2. True or False: GitLab started as an open source project?
3. What language is GitLab written in?
a) Ruby and Go
4. How many people contribute to GitLab?
5. How many languages does GitLab SAST support?
6. True or False: GitLab automatically detects, builds, tests, deploys, and monitors your application
7. Which feature is not included in the next release, 11.0?
a) Auto DevOps++
b) Kubernetes/GKE integration – First-class clusters
c) SAST for Java Gradle
d) Show CI pipeline status in Web IDE
SEE ALSO: A new era rises: “The software community owes a lot to GitHub, as does the GitLab community”
1. a) SCM, CI/CD, single application for DevOps
2. a) True
3. a) Ruby and Go
4. c) 1,800+
5. d) 6
6. a) True
7. c) SAST for Java Gradle
How well did you do? Do you know your GitLab trivia?
0-2 correct: You’re just a beginner.
3-4 correct: You’re pretty solid in your GitLab trivia, but you still might need to pay a little more attention to the details.
5-6 correct: Nice! You really know your stuff!
7 correct: You are a GitLab master.