Virtualization benefits: Making the switch to a virtual environment
Virtualization has many benefits for you and your company. Find out the different kinds of virtualization, their uses cases, and features. Discover what you will gain by switching to a virtual environment and their major benefits.
Virtualization is a combination of hardware and software engineering which creates virtual machines. It can be adopted in many different environments and works differently in every situation.
For the developer, it can provide a contained environment, so that you can safely work on all sorts of dirty environments. The default technology of virtualization supports Ubuntu, i.e. KVM, where KVM requires the extension built into Intel and AMD hardware. Xen also supports Ubuntu and Qemu is an obvious hardware solution created without extensions.
Virtualization has been growing along a large number of organizations and reduces its power consumption with building space and land requirements.
There are several advantages of virtualization and switching to a virtual environment, such as:
- Server Consolidation: Server supports many VMs which you most likely have the memory to utilize
- Testing and Development: Use rapid development and a controlled environment
- Virtual Desktop: A virtual desktop comes with multinational flexibility and conducts various transitions between OS and hardware expenditure
- Dynamic load balancing and Disaster Recovery: Provides a practical ability for the virtual machines utilizing resources
- Improved system Reliability and security: Prevent system crash caused by device drivers
- Better business continuity: With increasing number of workforce, you can develop good business continuity
- Efficient IT Operations: Going through the virtual environment can make your work quite easy and comfortable
There are several types of virtualization taking place, with different adoption methods and use cases. Have a quick look at the different kinds of virtualization.
Server virtualization is a kind of technology that works on one physical server into the multiple virtual servers. You can run your OS and applications used to perform any individual server. There are various features provided by virtualization software.
- Server virtualization delivers the single platform with high performance
- Flexible with multi-hypervisor support and the full portfolio of storage resources
- Keep VMs in a row and save them using VM-centric backups and integrated disaster recovery
- Reduce servers by partitioning and isolating to enable secure and straightforward server consolidation
- Improve availability and business continuity
- Increase efficiency for development and test environments
Network virtualization is a complete reproduction of the physical software network. The virtual system runs a physical network along with its applications. It presents the logical networking devices and services that include logical ports, switches, routers, and firewalls. It offers the physical network guarantee, which comes with operational benefits and hardware independence of virtualization.
- Advanced security services that can help in insertion, chaining, and steering
- Security models that cross the physical and virtual infrastructure
- Isolation and multi-tenancy
- Segmentation makes it isolated and straightforward
Desktop virtualization manage services and respond quickly to the changing needs. It can reduce the costs and increase the service swiftly and efficiently.
- Network security and Monitoring
- Full support and troubleshooting help
- Publish ISV Applications
- Hardware and software usage has significant benefits
Major benefits of switching to virtualization technology
For IT organizations, virtualization can significantly help reduce costs. Increase your utilization and your server by 15% to 80%!
Here are some more benefits you’ll see after switching to a virtualization technology:
- It is considered the cheaper implementation of the server infrastructure. Save money on power bills, maintenance fees, and data centre office space and fees.
- Review the software applications, operating system, and hardware platform. Virtualization leads to to fewer redundant physical devices that need serve as primary machines.
- One main advantage is the higher availability of uptime and uses of virtual servers have entirely segregated from one another.
- Virtual devices come with quick installations, as you don’t have to purchase the equipment.
- Corporate directives have a lead organization computing with networking infrastructures.
I hope you enjoyed the article! Now you know how virtualization technology works, and how to integrate along the workflow through organizations.