Spring Boot 1.4 Tools for NetBeans IDE
We would like to announce the release of a new version of the NetBeans Spring Boot plugin following the recent release of Spring Boot v1.4.
Besides upgrading to the latest version of Spring Boot, this release focuses on improving the set of file templates provided by the plugin.
- Upgrade to Spring Boot version 1.4.
- Enhancements to file template wizards that generate Java classes. Now the standard NetBeans widgets are used, providing better name proposals and a choice of source/test location and the destination package.
- Enhancements to the wizards for the
file, additional configuration metadata, and Spring Data repository interfaces. These now offer specific customization options.
- The file templates are now shown only if the relevant dependencies are present, e.g., the REST Controller Class is shown only if there is a dependency on spring-boot-starter-web.
- Devtools restart and reload now work when the project is run/debugged through the Spring Maven plugin.
- Fixed several UI glitches.
- Enhanced Controller and RestController templates.
Here is the list of closed issues.
A screenshot showing a variety of features provided by the plugin:
Do not hesitate to try the new version when experimenting with the new Spring Boot 1.4 features!
The plugin is under active development and you are invited to contribute: