Well 2013 went by fast didn’t it? And it’s certainly brought its fair share of ups and downs for the world of Java. Community activity has been as vibrant as ever this year – and we’re delighted to see the London Java Community (who you’ll be hearing from later in this issue) back on the JCP.With countless vocal, creative, and dedicated users around the world supporting the platform, we’re excited to see what 2014 has in store.
Cloud Foundry Developer Advocate Andy Piper certainly has a lot to say about what we can expect to see in terms of IoT developments this year – find out more in this month’s feature.
Elsewhere, we’ve got plenty to keep you amused over your winter holiday. Ben Straub takes us inside Git’s cabinet of curiosities, and Peter Bell takes us through the syntax of Cypher. Happy holidays from the JAX team, and here’s to a fantastic 2014 for everyone!
The JAX Magazine app
You can now read JAX Magazine and JAXenter.com on your tablet or mobile device, both on Apple and Android. Whether you’re offline or online, there’s nothing stopping your from reading the magazine at home, in the cafe or on the go.
Take your tech know-how to go
- Page-turning tech trends: Browse all JAX Magazine issues in a smooth epub reading experience
- Tech news: Read the latest tech news, tutorials and commentaries on JAXenter.com
- First issue free: Each digital issue costs as little as 0.99 cents and your first issue is free! A yearly subscription only costs 4.99
- Bookmark your favourite posts and tutorials from the magazine or the newsfeed
- Search across all content downloaded onto your device, including articles and whole editions of the magazine
- Offline reading: Downloaded content is fully available offline, meaning you can read up on the latest IT tips, trends and news anywhere, anytime
Tutorials, trends and tech know-how
Packed full of know-how from international IT professionals, this bi-monthly magazine is designed for developers that want to expand their knowledge base and perform better in their projects. The JAX Magazine mission is to provide the best content in IT for a plethora of programming interests – written for and by developers.
JAX Magazine is always looking for contributing authors and developers to write about what they know and love to work on – we invite you to contact our editorial staff at email@example.com.