vs. and Finance
Does working in the finance sector pay off for software developers? The answer is “yes”. IT is a must have for most banks these days – a massive change from its previous “optional” status. That being said, if banks are trying to win developers over, why shouldn’t the latter learn a bit about this sector?
The technological needs of the finance industry include aspects such as Continuous Delivery, Java, Big Data, machine learning, low latency etc. By embracing these elements, the finance sector can change the status quo and co-exist with what appears to be a fierce opponent: FinTech. How should banks respond to FinTech? We invite you to open the magazine and find out.
Read it in the app
Inside this issue
Banks are innovating but not at the rate you want them to
“Banks understand that technology is no longer just a tool — but a core skill”
Interview with Eric Horesnyi
“Technology not going with finance is like saying macaroni doesn’t go with cheese”
Interview with David M. Brear
Payments are about to change
The traditional banking sector is much more “intrusive” than Bitcoin
Interview with Paolo Tasca
Looking beyond the blockchain hype
The use of Java in finance
The Leprechaun Trap
What can you do to minimize the risk?
Don’t fall into the “rewrite from scratch” trap
Eclipse Two: “I want to use Electron as a vehicle to rethink the IDE experience”
Interview with Doug Schaefer
“In a way, Apache Beam is the glue that connects many big data systems together”
Interview with Davor Bonaci and Jean-Baptiste Onofré
The JAX Magazine app
You can now read JAX Magazine and JAXenter.com on your tablet or mobile device, both on Apple and Android. Whether you’re offline or online, there’s nothing stopping your from reading the magazine at home, in the cafe or on the go.
Take your tech know-how to go
- Page-turning tech trends: Browse all JAX Magazine issues in a smooth epub reading experience
- Tech news: Read the latest tech news, tutorials and commentaries on JAXenter.com
- First issue free: Each digital issue costs as little as 0.99 cents and your first issue is free! A yearly subscription only costs 4.99
- Bookmark your favourite posts and tutorials from the magazine or the newsfeed
- Search across all content downloaded onto your device, including articles and whole editions of the magazine
- Offline reading: Downloaded content is fully available offline, meaning you can read up on the latest IT tips, trends and news anywhere, anytime
Tutorials, trends and tech know-how
Packed full of know-how from international IT professionals, this bi-monthly magazine is designed for developers that want to expand their knowledge base and perform better in their projects. The JAX Magazine mission is to provide the best content in IT for a plethora of programming interests – written for and by developers.
JAX Magazine is always looking for contributing authors and developers to write about what they know and love to work on – we invite you to contact our editorial staff at email@example.com.