The barbeques are smouldering out, the nights are drawing in and Summer’s well and truly drawing to a close. That can only mean one thing: JavaOne is nearly upon us! After a false start in 2013, since last year’s event, we’ve finally had the long awaited Java 8 launch, bringing with it lambdas, the long-awaited re-imagining of the Date and Time API, and countless other small tunings that overall added up to one big release.
Java 9 still seems a long time off, but we’re expecting big developments on the modularity front. Not sure about those freemium release model rumours – but rest assured, we’ll keep you posted. This will be my last issue as editor of JAX Magazine, but I’ll be keeping a keen eye on future editions for all the latest Java goodness, courtesy of Coman Hamilton, your friendly local JAXenter.com and JAXmag man.
On that note, as usual, we’ve got plenty to offer. For starters, Nicolas Frankel will be offering an in-depth look at Spring configuration modularization for Integration Testing. From the Eclipse and Big Data worlds, we’ll be hearing from Holger Voormann and regular contributor Cory Isaacson. Finally, CloudBee’s Sacha Labourey will explain why app developers are now “strategic” gold. Well worth printing and sharing with your boss we think, ideally in poster size, positioned directly in front of his monitor.
You can read this magazine in the JAX Magazine app
The JAX Magazine app
You can now read JAX Magazine and JAXenter.com on your tablet or mobile device, both on Apple and Android. Whether you’re offline or online, there’s nothing stopping your from reading the magazine at home, in the cafe or on the go.
Take your tech know-how to go
- Page-turning tech trends: Browse all JAX Magazine issues in a smooth epub reading experience
- Tech news: Read the latest tech news, tutorials and commentaries on JAXenter.com
- First issue free: Each digital issue costs as little as 0.99 cents and your first issue is free! A yearly subscription only costs 4.99
- Bookmark your favourite posts and tutorials from the magazine or the newsfeed
- Search across all content downloaded onto your device, including articles and whole editions of the magazine
- Offline reading: Downloaded content is fully available offline, meaning you can read up on the latest IT tips, trends and news anywhere, anytime
Tutorials, trends and tech know-how
Packed full of know-how from international IT professionals, this bi-monthly magazine is designed for developers that want to expand their knowledge base and perform better in their projects. The JAX Magazine mission is to provide the best content in IT for a plethora of programming interests – written for and by developers.
JAX Magazine is always looking for contributing authors and developers to write about what they know and love to work on – we invite you to contact our editorial staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.