What is DevOps?
An over-inflated hype or the chance to empower the developer in totally new ways?
As authors like Mirco Hering and Mark Warren show us in this issue, if we endeavour to understand what it’s really about, there are a great many positive things to be learned from the DevOps trend.
On top of that, we also get to hear about several other programming mysteries, including the BYOD movement, banking systems and the unfathomable enigma that is Docker security.
Read it in the app
Inside this issue
DEVOPS: Is that really DevOps, what you’re doing?
DEVOPS: Five tips for DevOps success
DOCKER: Docker and Security – How to run a tightly contained ship
Dustin Huptas and Andreas Schmidt
BUSINESS: The impact of BYOD on the enterprise
DATABASES: Who’s the sheriff in today’s data centre wild west?
CAREERS: What languages does it take to be a great developer?
WEB: Website obesity could be bloating your code
SECURITY: Myths and realities behind security analytics
FINANCE IT: Agile banking needs a new core
Christian Burkhardt and Michael Wittig
MOBILE: Big in Japan: Cordova
MOBILE: In defense of ASP.NET
The JAX Magazine app
You can now read JAX Magazine and JAXenter.com on your tablet or mobile device, both on Apple and Android. Whether you’re offline or online, there’s nothing stopping your from reading the magazine at home, in the cafe or on the go.
Take your tech know-how to go
- Page-turning tech trends: Browse all JAX Magazine issues in a smooth epub reading experience
- Tech news: Read the latest tech news, tutorials and commentaries on JAXenter.com
- First issue free: Each digital issue costs as little as 0.99 cents and your first issue is free! A yearly subscription only costs 4.99
- Bookmark your favourite posts and tutorials from the magazine or the newsfeed
- Search across all content downloaded onto your device, including articles and whole editions of the magazine
- Offline reading: Downloaded content is fully available offline, meaning you can read up on the latest IT tips, trends and news anywhere, anytime
Tutorials, trends and tech know-how
Packed full of know-how from international IT professionals, this bi-monthly magazine is designed for developers that want to expand their knowledge base and perform better in their projects. The JAX Magazine mission is to provide the best content in IT for a plethora of programming interests – written for and by developers.
JAX Magazine is always looking for contributing authors and developers to write about what they know and love to work on – we invite you to contact our editorial staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.