How well do you know your Hyperledger trivia?
This week, we continue our programming quiz series with Hyperledger, the open source initiative to develop cross-industry blockchain technologies. What do you know about this global blockchain collaboration?
It’s time for another programming quiz. Today, we’re testing your knowledge of Hyperledger!
Hyperledger is collaborative effort to improve cross-industry blockchain technologies. Blockchain, the peer-to-peer distributed ledger helps build a new generation of transactional applications to improve transparency and streamline business processes.
Answer the following questions, and see how much you know about Hyperledger for yourself!
True or false: Hyperledger is a blockchain.
2. True or false: Hyperledger is Hyperledger Fabric.
3. Can you name all of the open source blockchain frameworks and tools that make up Hyperledger?
(hint: there are 10!)
4. Hyperledger supports which of the following cryptocurrencies?
d) None of the above
5. True or false: Hyperledger Iroha is a blockchain framework that emphasizes mobile application development.
6. Which consensus protocol does Hyperledger Sawtooth’s proof-of-elapsed-time emulate?
a) Proof of stake
b) Proof of work
c) Practical byzantine fault tolerance
d) None of the above
7. Hyperledger blockchain-based distributed ledgers can be use to track which of the following?
a) Digital files
b) Database changes
c) Physical objects (e.g. diamonds, fish, etc.)
d) All of the above
8. What open source license does Hyperledger use?
a) Apache License, Version 2.0
b) GNU General Public License (GPL)
c) MIT license
d) Eclipse Public License
9. Which Hyperledger frameworks support permissionless blockchains?
a) Hyperledger Burrow
b) Hyperledger Fabric
c) Hyperledger Indy
d) Hyperledger Iroha
e) Hyperledger Sawtooth
f) All of the above
1. b) False. Hyperledger is an open source collaborative project hosted by The Linux Foundation. However the project is associated with blockchains and contains many sub-projects which are blockchain.
2. b) False. Hyperledger Fabric is just ONE of the projects hosted by Hyperledger.
3. Hyperledger Burrow, Hyperledger Caliper, Hyperledger Cello, Hyperledger Composer, Hyperledger Explorer, Hyperledger Fabric,Hyperledger Indy, Hyperledger Iroha, Hyperledger Quilt,Hyperledger Sawtooth.
4. d) None of the above
5. a) True. The Hyperledger Iroha framework includes client libraries for Android and IOS.
6. d) None of the above
7. d) All of the above
8. a) Apache License, Version 2.0. (Available here.)
9. f) All of the above.
How well did you do? Do you know your Hyperledger trivia?
0-3 correct: You’re just a beginner.
4-6 correct: You’re pretty solid in your Hyperledger trivia, but you still might need to pay a little more attention to the details.
7-8 correct: Nice! You really know your stuff!
9 correct: You are a Hyperledger master.