How well do you know your Docker trivia?
This week, our programming trivia series continues with the container tech that everyone loves! We test your knowledge about Docker, the platform that lets developers build, manage, and secure apps anywhere.
It’s time for another programming quiz. Today, we’re testing your knowledge of Docker!
Docker combines container technology with an enterprise-grade container platform to give developers the freedom to build, manage, and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Traditional and cloud native apps can be placed in an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration and reducing time to value.
Answer the following questions, and see how much you know about Docker for yourself!
What was the first open source project that Docker donated to an open source foundation?
2. What command do you use to create and start a container?
3. Docker Compose files are written in?
4. Which of the following is not true about containerd?
a) Containerd is the core container runtime in Docker Engine.
b) Containerd is leveraged by millions of users.
c) The latest version of containerd (1.1) now supports the Kubernetes Container Runtime Interface (CRI).
d) Docker donated containerd to the Open Container Initiative.
5. What is the functionality of Docker’s security scanning?
a) Image signing and verification.
b) Tracking changes to content.
c) Detecting known CVEs within container images.
d) Policy-based image promotion.
6. What out-of-the-box security defaults are part of the Docker Enterprise container platform?
a) Mutual TLS authentication
b) Cryptographic node identity
c) Isolation with authentication/authorization
d) All of the above
7. “Content Trust” allows what with a remote Docker registry?
a) Sign and verify image tags
b) Scan images
c) Create a private repository
8. Which of the following is not true about the Docker platform’s Kubernetes integration?
a) With Docker Enterprise, you get a fully-conformant Kubernetes distribution with access to all the native APIs, CLIs and interfaces.
b) You can leverage the same Docker Compose file to run your applications on both Swarm and Kubernetes.
c) You need to manually install the Docker Kubernetes separate from the Docker container platform.
d) Docker Enterprise is the only platform that runs both Swarm and Kubernetes simultaneously on the same cluster.
9. Which of the following are capabilities of an enterprise-grade container platform?
a) Integration and support of open source components.
c) Access control.
d) Integration with and extensions to compute, storage, and networking via APIs.
f) A, B, and D only
g) All of the above
SEE ALSO: How do we keep containers secure?
10. What percentage of users run containers on multiple public clouds
11. What is a Dockerfile?
a) A Docker image that gets built by running a Docker command.
b) A text file that contains all the commands needed to build a given image.
c) A running instance of a Docker image.
12. What’s the name of Docker’s free educational tool?
a) Docker Test Drive
b) Play with Docker
c) Docker Tutorial
d) Hands on Docker
1. c) runC/libcontainer
2. b) docker run
3. a) YAML
4. d) Docker donated containerd to the Open Container Initiative.
5. c) Detecting known CVEs within container images
6. d) All of the above.
7. a) Sign and verify image tags
8. c) You need to manually install the Docker Kubernetes separate from the Docker container platform – when you install Docker EE 2.0, it’s running a full Kubernetes installation out of the box.
9. g) All of the above
10. d) 83%
11. b) A text file that contains all the commands needed to build a given image.
12. b) Play with Docker
How well did you do? Do you know your Docker trivia?
0-3 correct: You’re just a beginner.
4-7 correct: You’re pretty solid in your Docker trivia, but you still might need to pay a little more attention to the details.
7-10 correct: Nice! You really know your stuff!
11-12 correct: You are a Docker master.