DevOps trends and predictions for 2017 [Infographic]
They say “a picture is worth a thousand words” but can we trap the essence of DevOps in an infographic? Sure we can. In this infographic, Pavan Belagatti analyzes last year’s DevOps trends and sums up its trajectory.
Here are some DevOps trends you might be interested in:
1. DevOps is going mainstream this year.
2. Along with DevOps, the 3 C’s that are going to gain momentum are Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Continuous Delivery.
3. We will see many new DevOps automation tools springing up like mushrooms after the rain that will change the way we do software development.
4. ‘Containerization’ is going to be in the limelight.
5. We will see many software firms moving towards microservices architecture.
6. Automation and continuous testing will be among this year’s biggest winners.
7. Must have tools and platforms like Docker, AWS, GitHub and JIRA will become even more popular.
To read more about DevOps, download the latest issue of JAX Magazine:
People like Patrick Debois, Andrew Shafer and John Allspaw (to name a few) have given us the means to transform this group of concepts into a movement but now it’s time to focus on some of its facets: continuous delivery, business culture, cloud platforms, microservices and container technology. Let’s allow our authors to convince you that these ingredients are equally important to DevOps. Mark Hinkle, VP at The Linux Foundation will tell you what’s next for the effort to improve coordination between software developers and operations personnel while Justin Arbuckle, CTO & Agile, Lean and DevOps Transformation Leader for Sococo, Inc. will explain why measuring DevOps ROI is essential for companies that are embracing the industry’s forward movement.
Thirsty for more? Open the magazine and see what we have prepared for you.
If you want to dive deeper into DevOps and learn how to adopt it correctly, come to JAX DevOps conference in London between 3-6 April 2017.