How well do you know your Apache NetBeans trivia?
It’s time for another programming quiz! This week, we take a look at the popular Java IDE, Apache NetBeans (incubating) as Geertjan Wielenga tests your knowledge about this development platform.
It’s time for another programming quiz. Today, we’re testing your knowledge of Apache NetBeans!
Apache NetBeans (incubating) is a popular open source IDE for Java programming.
To mark this, we worked with Geertjan Wielenga, product manager and developer advocate for open source projects at Oracle to come up with a quiz to test your knowledge about Apache NetBeans.
Answer the following ten questions, and see how much you know about Apache NetBeans (incubating) for yourself!
1. Where does NetBeans originally come from, i.e., where are the developers from who thought up and created NetBeans?
d) San Jose
2. Which company acquired NetBeans and open sourced it?
a) Sun Microsystems
b) America Online
c) The Eclipse Foundation
d) Apache Software Foundation
3. When was NetBeans donated to Apache?
a) July 2008
b) March 2012
c) February 2015
d) October 2016
4. When you type ‘sout’ in the Java editor in NetBeans, and then press Tab, what happens?
c) Blue screen of death
5. What are the new features introduced for the first time in the latest release of Apache NetBeans?
a) Integration with Java EE 8, JDK 9 Jigsaw,
b) Integration with JDK 9 Java Shell, JDK 9 Jigsaw, JDK 10 ‘var’
c) Improved tool suites
d) Additional integration with GitHub
6. To provide new features and fix bugs in NetBeans, to which repository do you send your pull requests?
7. How much do you have to pay to use NetBeans?
a) Nothing, it’s free
b) 30 day free trial
c) $30 a year
1. c) Prague.
2. a) Sun Microsystems.
3. d) October 2016.
4. a) System.out.println(“”);
5. b) Integration with JDK 9 Java Shell, JDK 9 Jigsaw, JDK 10 ‘var’.
6. b) https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans.
7. a) Nothing, it’s free.
How well did you do? Do you know your Apache NetBeans trivia?
0-2 correct: You’re just a beginner.
3-4 correct: You’re pretty solid in your Apache NetBeans trivia, but you still might need to pay a little more attention to the details.
5-6 correct: Nice! You really know your stuff!
7 correct: You are an Apache NetBeans master.