Ant Design 4.0 rewrites components for easier web app designing
Ant Design is a UI design system and React UI library written in TypeSript used for building enterprise-level web applications. It is written in TypeScript and used by large companies such as Alibaba, Tencent, and Baidu. Take a brief tour of Ant Design’s creation guidelines and design values and see what the newest additions to Version 4 bring to the table.
Ant Design is a UI design system and React UI library written in Typescript used for building enterprise-level web applications. Its newest release, Ant Design 4.0, is the result of collected feedback, developer contributions, and over a month of work.
Used by companies such as Alibaba, Tencent, and Baidu, Ant Design includes React components out of the box for easier app development.
Take a brief tech tour and see what the latest version brings to the table.
Version 4.0 changes
Ant Design 4.0 released on February 28, 2020, adding new updates with only a few breaking changes.
The highlights introduced include:
- Visual improvements: Base rounded corners are reduced from 4 pixels to 2 pixels for streamlined visual efficiency and cleaner visuals. Shadows also receive a visual upgrade and are now more consistent.
- Dark theme: Change to the new color system by clicking the switch theme function.
- New borderless style
- Minimum React version upgraded: React 16.9 or newer required
- Ended support for IE 9/10: All modern browsers and IE 11 (with polyfills) are compatible
- Rewritten Form component: Simplify your code with a form instance by directly binding data through the name property of Form.Item
- Smaller size: Reduced default package size and gzipped bundle size
- Virtual scrolling component: View the live demo
- New calendar: Rewritten date component introduces new DatePicker, TimePicker, and calendar with an optimized range selector
stickystyle tables: New table style reduces performance consumption
- Discarded legacy icons
Refer to the 4.0 changelog for further information about all the new changes.