JRuby 1.6.6 released
The JRuby community are proud to announce their latest release bringing some slight changes and critical fixes
An update to the Java/Ruby JVM hybrid language has been released. JRuby 1.6.6 rounds out the series that was made to support Ruby 1.9, with some improvements towards performance and with the obligatory fixes.
Notable changes within this release include:
- Updated stdlib to match Ruby 1.8.7p357 and 1.9.2p312
- Updated RubyGems to 1.8.15
- Multiple 1.9-mode yield/splat bugs fixed (pp, rspec 2.8 working again)
- Multiple 1.9-mode encoding bugs fixed
- Critical fixes in Random and Fiber
- Map Scala operator methods to symbolic names ($plus, etc)
The full list of resolved issues can be viewed within the documentation on the JRuby homepage, where you can also download JRuby 1.6.6. The team state that this is the last version within the 1.6.x series and they will be fully focused on JRuby 1.7 from this point on. An end of an era but we anticipate some good stuff coming in the next series from the JRuby team.