JCP EC Special Elections 2011 Candidates Announced
Java Community Process Program Executive Committee Special election candidates announced.
The candidates for the 2011 Java Community Process Program Executive
Committee Special elections have been announced! The available
seats on the SE/EE EC are those vacated by Apache, Doug Lea and Tim
Peierls, and Sony-Ericsson on the ME EC.
The Committee Ratified Seat candidates are:
- Financial services firm, Goldman Sachs.
- CTO of the Operations Technology Business Unit at Goldman
Sachs, John Weir.
- The ‘SouJava’ Brazilian Java User Group.
- Java Developer and Open Source Evangelist, and founder of
SouJava, Bruno Souza.
The 2011 ME Executive Committee Open Elections Seat
- Alex Terrazas, who has used Java ME to develop software for
special education and health applications. He has previously
received funding from the National Institutes of Health, National
Science Foundation and DARPA.
The 2011 SE/EE Executive Committee Open Election Seat
- Central Ohio Java Users Group.
- Vice President with JPMorganChase’s Corporate Technology group,
- Seam 3 JCR Module and Apache ServiceMix committer, George
- Siddique Hameed, creator of JgoogleAnalytics, Script Monkey and
- Liferay, creators of the open source Liferay portal.
- Brian Chan, Chief Software Architect and founder of
- London Java Community
- Ben Evans, who works as an in-house Java expert at a financial
The elections will run from 26th April 2011 through 9th May