Tesla brings JBoss AS7 up to speed
JBoss AS 7.1.0.Beta 1 released - Will Tesla attract?
Just over two months after Arc arrived stock full of new treats for RedHat's application server, the team have released the beta for AS 7.1.0.Beta1 (codename 'Tesla') - ramping up the support for Java EE technologies.
Aside from the usual bug fixes, the current updates include:
- A significant portion of EE full profile capabilities
- Remote EJB over Remoting
- Remote EJB over IIOP
- CMP & BMP
- EJB 2.x support
- App Client
- A number of management improvements
- Management is now secure by default
- Although with local user transparent auth for CLI and Java API tools
- Console will "guide" you through creating a user
- Numerous component updates
The team's blog goes through these enhancements in finer detail. After keeping with the electricity codenames, it should be intriguing to see the feedback for this version. Finally JBoss has caught up to speed with a full EE profile. Will users power behind it?