EMC sets up advisory board on private clouds
EMC has formed a new Technical Advisory Board to provide an independent review of EMC’s technologies and strategy especially on including private clouds.
“The bottom line is that the private cloud is real and companies are looking for more effective ways to transform their IT infrastructures, leveraging the full benefits it brings,” said Jeffrey M. Nick, Chief Technology Officer and Senior Vice President, EMC.
Pat Gelsinger, President and COO, Information Infrastructure Products, EMC, said, “The formation of the Technical Advisory Board is a major milestone in this strategy, giving EMC an independent resource to ensure we fully address the dramatic challenges customers face as they move to the private cloud.”
The charter members include:
- Randolph Cowen – Board member, EMC; Former Chief Information Officer, Goldman Sachs
- Ian Foster – Professor and Director, Computation Institute, University of Chicago and Argonne National Laboratory
- Pat Gelsinger – President and Chief Operating Officer, Information Infrastructure Products, EMC; Technical Advisory Board Chairman
- Joseph M. Hellerstein – Professor of Computer Science, UC Berkeley
- Steve Herrod – Chief Technology Officer and Senior Vice President of R&D, VMware
- Rod Johnson – General Manager, SpringSource; Senior Vice President of Middleware, VMware
- Kai Li – Paul M. Wythes ’55, P’86 and Marcia R. Wythes P’86 Professor, Princeton University; Founder and Chief Scientist, EMC Data Domain
- Jeffrey M. Nick – Chief Technology Officer, Senior Vice President, EMC
- Steve Pawlowski – Senior Fellow, Intel Architecture Group; General Manager, Central Architecture and Planning, Intel Corporation
- Ronald L. Rivest -- Viterbi Professor of Computer Science, MIT EECS Department