Short-List for Eclipse Award Released
Eclipse Community Awards Finalists Announced
The finalists for the Eclipse Community Awards have been announced!
Finalists for the Individual Awards were selected by an online vote. The finalists for each category are as follows:
- Top Committer: Lauren Goubet, Tom Schindl, and itemis developer and software architect Sebastian Zarnekow.
- Top Contributor: Brian de Alwis, Dariusz Luksza, James Sugrue.
- Top Newcomer Evangelist: Eclipse Platform UI lead Boris Bokowski, Cedric Brun, James Sugrue.
The Project Awards aim to recognise Eclipse projects that display innovation and foster community. The finalists were selected by an online vote:
- Most Open Project: e4, Modeling Amalgamation.
- Most Innovative New Feature or Eclipse Project: EGit, Extended Editing Framework, Mylyn Builds.
The Technology Awards are for Eclipse-based tools and applications, and the finalists were selected by a judging panel:
- Best Developer Tool: debugging and reverse engineering tool Diver, and PyDev.
- Best Modeling Tool: actifsource, Bontia Open Solutions, and the Obeo Designer modeling environment.
- Best Mobile Tool: MobiOne Studio and MOTODEV Studio for Android.
- Best Application: OpenChrom, WireframeSketcher and the Justinmind Prototyper tool for drawing interactive wireframes.
"This year we had the highest number of votes for the individual awards, so thank you to everyone that participated in the vote," said Ian Skerrett, on the Eclipse Community Awards. The winners will be announced on March 21st, 2011, at EclipseCon.