5 reasons you should care about functional programming
Even if you don’t think you need to care about functional programming, you should. There are plenty of reasons for Javaheads to know more about them: W-Jax speaker Neal Ford gives us five.
In this keynote from W-JAX 2013, Neal Ford from ThoughtWorks explores why learning functional programming paradigms now is critical for developers with five concrete reasons.
- Why it’s beneficial to cede control over mundane details to the language and runtime
- How nailgun-driven development differs from building prefab houses
- The wonderful benefits of immutability
- Embrace results over steps
- How bendable languages make hard problems easier to tackle